Saturday, September 11, 2010

100 Gratitudes

Here is a list of 100 things I'm grateful for...


1. Being alive.
2. Being free of addiction.
3. Jacquelyn Holway.
4. Animals.
5. The way the sun feels on me when I'm cold.
6. Having all my senses in working order.
7. Being healthy.
8. Being intelligent.
9. The Diary of Anne Frank.
10. Tegan and Sara.
11. Having the ability to say no (sometimes).
12. My parents' alcoholism and lack of parenting, which taught me what not to do.
13. The color yellow (it's such a happy color).
14. Money.
15. The "bad" things that have happened to me, for teaching me lessons.
16. Mistakes that I've made which taught me lessons, as well.
17. My Chemical Romance. Listening to their music started me on a different path.
18. Allie Morgan and Steph Camerota, for being my friends in 4th grade, accepting me for who I was, and showing me that it was okay to be myself.
19. Cute guys.
20. Concerts.
21. Seasons (summer, fall, winter, spring).
22. Living in a decent place called Cape Cod. At least I'm not in Dorchester, right?
23. My favorite TV shows (Who's the Boss?, NCIS) for giving me a break from reality.
24. Makeup. Although it's sort of my downfall, too.
25. The ability to touch-type.
26. The ability to work well with children.
27. My kindness toward others.
28. Somehow stumbling upon the idea of pet sitting as a business.
29. The "Be Happy" book.
30. Having great penmanship.
31. Being organized.
32. Not living in a violent or physically abusive family.
33. The internet.
34. Warm baths in the winter.
35. Delicious food.
36. Coffee.
37. My compassion/understanding for others.
38. My creativity.
39. My dad getting sober.
40. Sleeping well.
41. Silence.
42. School/education.
43. Having a nice car that runs very well.
44. Hot chocolate on a cold day/night.
45. Laughter.
46. Peoples' trust in me.
47. Animal shelters.
48. Beautiful artwork/photography.
49. Not being sick for a long time.
50. Letting myself be more friendly.
51. Having the chance to travel to France.
52. Having amazing grandparents.
53. Anesthetics.
54. Technology.
55. Electricity.
56. How beautiful the night sky is.
57. Play-dough.
58. Mo Franklin and Ashley Fidlin for being my friends in middle school and helping to break me out of my shell a little more.
59. My curiosity about everything.
60. The feeling of ecstasy.
61. Piercings and tattoos.
62. Living in a nice house.
63. Birth control.
64. Hugs, especially those that are unexpected.
65. Sweet kisses.
66. Camping.
67. Roasting marshmallows.
68. Fun.
69. My online friends who allow me to vent about people and things they know nothing about.
70. The feeling of inner peace, if only for a brief moment.
71. Recycling.
72. Cell phones.
73. Cute toys (stuffed animals, figurines, etc).
74. Honesty.
75. Seamus grooming Lilly (it's so cute).
76. Ambition.
77. Clothing.
78. The sound of birds chirping in the morning.
79. The taste of cold water when I'm really hot.
80. Feeling secure.
81. Being a good person.
82. Making my own choices.
83. Accepting and nonjudgmental people.
84. Sports.
85. Jacoby Ellsbury.
86. Plants.
87. A cool breeze on a hot day.
88. The beauty of freshly fallen snow.
89. Being female.
90. Having a unique sense of humor.
91. Having two jobs.
92. Being admired by some people.
93. Being emotionally strong.
94. Having the right balance of seriousness and lightheartedness.
95. Rain.
96. The smell of fresh fruit.
97. Orthodontics.
98. Being more self-reliant.
99. My selflessness (although it can also be my downfall).
100. Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment