Thursday, September 9, 2010

Very Happy

How often do you feel very happy? Not just mild happy, or okay happy, but very happy? Identify when you experience real joy, as opposed to just pleasure and satisfaction. This list is about when you feel a complete sense of wholeness, peace, and fulfillment. 


I am very happy when...I am learning something new and fascinating. 
* Several months ago.


I am very happy when...Someone does something nice for me out of the blue.
* Yesterday.


I am very happy when...I finally get to completely relax/sleep.
* Last night.


I am very happy when...I accomplish something I was afraid I could not do.
* The end of last month.


I am very happy when...I'm singing along with my favorite songs.
* Yesterday.


I am very happy when...I'm taking care of an animal or just petting them.
* Last Sunday.


I am very happy when...I stop to realize the beauty in nature.
* I can't remember when.


I am very happy when...Someone hugs me because they want to.
* Last week.


I am very happy when...I'm being friendly.
* Yesterday.


I am very happy when...I'm being myself and feeling appreciated for it.
* Two days ago.




What has this inquiry taught you about yourself?
It has taught me that I have let myself become a lot happier recently and I have let go of some of the things that were blocking it for me. There are still a few things I need to improve upon and take time to enjoy. This exercise was somewhat easy. I do believe I recognize and appreciate some of the moments when I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment